bpa Wrote:
> Preferences on XP are kept in a file called slimserver.pref in the
> slimserver/server directory (this directory also has the slim.exe file)
> It is a text file and contains all slimserver settings (e.g. music
> folder).
>
> There should be only one file called Plugin.pm in the directory
> Plugins/Alien - in fact you cannot have more than one file with the
> same name.
>
> For the record, stations can be enabled from the Slimserver webpage
> Home/Server Settings/AlienBBC.

Here is my Alien Plugin.pm file:
#
# AlienBBC Copyright (C) Jules Taplin, Craig Eales, Triode, Neil
Sleightholm  2004-2005
#
# Plugin.pm
#
# Version 0.99 October 2005
#
# A Slimserver plugin for playing Real Audio streams from the BBC Radio
Service
# (using mplayer or xine-lib).
#
# This is a plugin designed to browse and play BBC Streams.
# It was originally based on 'AlienStream', and, in fact, still uses
pieces based on
# that code. All the bits I've added are definately available under
# the GPL.
#
#       Version History
#       0.1             - Initial Release
#       0.2             - Clean-up to deal with streams containing comments in
their
.rpm's
#       0.3             - More parsing fixes - read stream names from Alt tags
for links
that are made of images
#                       - Hopefully fix streams for live radio
#       0.4             - More fixes for zombie alienstreams
#                       - Reset line index when navigating 'directories'
#       0.5             - Fixes provided from Peter Heslin. Cheers Peter!
#                       - Should fix outstanding stability issues
#       0.6             - More Peter Fixes (Resync with new AlienStream release)
#   0.7         - Parser code abstracted out (Craig Eales)
#                       - Prototype Radio 7 Weekly Archive Parser Added
#                       - Prototype AlienStream Playlist Parser Added
#                       - There is a rumour that the buffering messages now work
#                       - Now tries to detect a dead alienstream
#                       - Added a parse of bbcradio front pages gives us live
streams
#       0.72    - Prototype BBC4 'A to Z' parser added.
#                       - 'numberScroll' functionality added (like Shoutcast
browser)
#       0.8             - BBC Local Radio parser added.
#                       - Streaming moved out to separate proxy server
#       0.9             - Web Interface added
#       0.10    - Added support for mplayer and potential removal of lame step
#                         from proxy.
#                       - Added support for parser of external stream list from
mrtickle.org
#   0.11        - Moved AlienBBC into 'Radio' menu, in keeping with Slimserver
5.4
#                         behaviour.
#                       - Added in Radio 2 A to Z support (mostly the same as
the Listen
Again
#                         Shows, but with a couple of additions)
#       0.12    - Changed strings() handling to fit with slimserver unicode
changes
#                       - Tiny tweak to playlist handling in transcoder proxy
#       0.90    - Initial Beta release of Triode's 'transcoderless' fixes.
#       0.91    - Repackaging, with fixed windows makerelease.sh, and added 'rm'
to the list of playlist descriptors
#       0.92    - Added Michael Herger's German Language Translation
#                       - Automatic Version Detection Added. Makes packaging
easier
#                       - Additional Safety Checks added to RTSP.pm
#                       - Crashing bug on BBC 7 Streams in Web Interface fixed.
#       0.93    - Many, Many changes.
#                       - Major BBC Audio Player update. Far reaching fixes for
Listen
Again, Radio2, Radio 5 Parsers
#                       - Various bits and pieces from Neil Sleightholm by way
of Triode
#                       - Revised version of mplayer.sh for linux platforms.
Should kill
dangling mplayers
#                       - Revised socketwrapper.exe. Should kill dangling
mplayers
#   0.94    - Updates to work with current 6.0 build
#           - updated socketwrapper with debug mode - see instructions
in slimserver-convert.conf
#           - additional checking to avoid server crashes if parsers
return bad menus or urls
#           - use of non blocking calls on 6.0 to avoid stalling audio
during menu download
#           - patches from Neil Sleightholm for player menus
#       0.95    - Major tidy up of Plugin.pm
#           - Plugin.pm code reformatting, Neil Sleightholm, Triode:
#                       - Removed space from 'Playing ...' and 'Connecting ...'
#                       - Changed 'print's to debug messages - $::d_plugins &&
relavent
debug
#           - Remove all reduntant code from previous versions (radical
- need to prove it works!)
#           - Moved version detection to specific function
#           - Init menus via initPlugin();
#           - Updated slimserver-convert.conf to support new
Softsqueeze2 and (hopefully) SB2!
#           - Linux/OS X - modified mplayer.sh to support wma and moved
to platform neutral location
#       0.96    - Major rework of menu structure by Neil Sleightholm
#                               - Top level menu support 'play' to play live
streams
#                               - Changes to ensure only playable or linkable
items are on the
menus
#                               - 99% of the menus now lead to working links
#                       - Add to playlist supported
#           - Added support for Fishbone, Handheld, Default and
Default2 skins
#                       - Fixed AlienStream to call new readM3U and readPLS
function in
Parse.pm
#       0.97    - Added headings from BBC site to web UI
#                       - Cache web pages from BBC site (defaults to off)
#                       - Cleaned up the display of text to remove whitespace
and the start
and end of text
#                       - Added station name to the 'Listen Live' links
#                       - Add Michael Herger's Radio menu changes and web page
links fix
#       0.98    - New German translations from Michael Herger
#                       - Purge cache now deletes empty folders
#           - Changed "AlienStream Playlists" to "AlienBBC Playlists"
#           - Fixed problems with caching
#           - Ignore 'No frames version' links
#           - Better handling of the item headings
#           - Aligned player look and feel with slimserver (using
scrolling menus etc and showBriefly)
#           - fixed direct playing of rtsp: streams on 6.0 - requires
svn 2971 or later [6.0.2, or 6.1 nightly]
#           - A default value for 'plugin_alienbbc_cache_age' was not
set
#           - Patch from Michael Herger: Improve plugins' behaviour
when being enabled/disabled without server restart.
#           - moved lines to hash based api ($parts->{})
#           - Added Virgin Radio menu
#           - simple parsing of smil metafiles
#           - avoid error message with 6.1 beta (version number
contains letters)
# Support for SlimServer earlier than 6.2 removed
#   0.99    - Fix parsing problem with program names that contained day
names
#           - Default configuration is now for mplayer pre7
#           - Added link to radio station page
#           - Ensured rtsppl parser generates track objects for
compatibility with 6.2
#           - Support for SlimServer earlier than 6.2 removed
#           - RTSP handler will play playlists with multiple streams.
#           - RTSP handler can now optionally ignore item in a playlist
- useful for removing station idents.
#             By default the Radio 2 ident is ignored.
#           - Added -af channels=2 option to mplayer command line in
slimserver-convert.conf to ensure
#             mono streams (e.g. the World Service) are played back
correctly with future versions of mlayer.
#           - Refresh the playlist on play/add using
reloadStatusFrame.html (like the RadioIO plugin).
#   1.00    - Fixed fishbone skin
#           - Added Spanish Translation from NĂ©stor
#           - Added support for GWR stations e.g. ClassicFM and Local
Radio
#           - For Windows only, added check for mplayer and codecs
#           - Added feature to play the BBC Radio podcast feeds
#           - Fixed problem when playing live streams for more than 3
hours 22 mins
#
# This code is derived from code with the following copyright message:
#
# SliMP3 Server Copyright (C) 2001 Sean Adams, Slim Devices Inc.  This
# program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it
# under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2.
#
# AlienStream.pm Copyright (C) 2003 Peter Heslin
#

use strict;

package Plugins::Alien::Plugin;

use vars qw($VERSION);
$VERSION = "1.00";

use Plugins::Alien::AlienMainMenu;
use Plugins::Alien::AlienSubMenuItem;
use Plugins::Alien::AlienBBC7ParseMenu;
use Plugins::Alien::AlienRadio2ParseMenu;
use Plugins::Alien::AlienRadio4ParseMenu;
use Plugins::Alien::AlienRadio5ParseMenu;
use Plugins::Alien::AlienBBCAodMenu;
use Plugins::Alien::AlienExternalStreamMenu;
use Plugins::Alien::AlienStreamMenu;
use Plugins::Alien::AlienABCMenu;
use Plugins::Alien::AlienVirginMenu;
use Plugins::Alien::AlienBBC7LittleToeParseMenu;
use Plugins::Alien::AlienGWRStationsParseMenu;
use Plugins::Alien::AlienPodcastsParseMenu;
use Plugins::Alien::AlienCommon;
use Plugins::Alien::RTSP;
use Slim::Utils::Misc;

my %current_line;