Tamanaco, I agree completely that Sonos is priced too high for the mass
market, and it may well be too complex as well. I also feel that
complexity is a bigger drawback for SD than its remote. As a matter of
fact, the remote was the main reason I went with SD instead of Roku.
The Roku remote would frustrate the hell out of me. The SD remote is
very functional. The Sonos remote -- at first glance anyway; I've never
used it -- is functional and sexy.

My point was that, when you compare remotes (or anything else), you
should compare the basic systems provided by the manufacturers, not a
remote from another company and software from some developer somewhere.
Most consumers won't even find out that these things exist, let alone go
to the trouble to acquire and configure them.

--
bruce