Those links contained nothing relevant to my problem that I could see.
In those cases reverting to version 6.2.1 from 6.2.2 solved their
problems. I cannot get 6.3.x or 6.2.2 or 6.2.1 or 6.2.0 to run at all.
As far as plugins go, whatever is installed with SlimServer is what's
installed. I haven't downloaded or installed anything other than
SlimServer. On several attempts, after uninstalling SlimServer, I've
deleted the SlimServer folder which would have solved any plugin or
pref.conf file problems like those that were mentioned in the links.
Also, my event log error message was not posted in any of those links.

--
aaaaaaa