Great article. I can imagine quite a few people will want to 'mod'
devices like this to run SlimServer rather than having to run a full
blown PC 24/7/52.

When I looked around for an alternative to my PC based Mandriva
SlimServer I did look at the Synology 101J NAS as a possible option,
but as I couldn't find any info. on anyone porting SS to it (and
therefore didn't know whether it would even be possible to do it) I
moved onto other devices.

In the end I purchased (three weeks ago) a KuroBoxHG, installed my own
HD, and proceeded to install Gentoo and SlimServer on it. It's now been
running 10 days, AlienBBC & LastFM installed without issue, and it's
been servicing 2 Squeezeboxen and 1 Softsqueeze player without fail,
even when playing flac music whilst downloading same onto it from the
original Mandriva box. I'm well impressed with it... If anyone is
interested I'll do a wiki entry for those wanting to use the KuroBoxHG
as a SS.

Maybe a wiki entry for Philippe's work would be good also?

Robbie

--
CavesOfTQLT