I've seen the same thing:  occasionally my SB1g will lose connection to
the server overnight, resulting in the typical "blank" screen.  A
restart (5sec pwr) does the trick.

I've just chalked it up to my rather bizarre network arrangement but
maybe there's more to it if others are seeing the same issue.  My
network configuration is as follows:
wired sb1g into wrt54g in wireless bridge mode running dd-wrt firmware
connecting to my netgear wireless router (acting as DHCP server), the
router is wired to my cable modem which provides the internet
connection to Slimserver 6.5 that I'm running off my computer at work
(which is on a static global IP, not behind NAT--one of the perks of
working for a major university).  Amazingly, in spite of all this, I
usually get very good performance--on a good day I can stream RAW PCM
from my work computer, across the internet, across my wireless
(802.11b), to my sb1g!!

I've never had the connection-dropping problem with my wired sb1
(non-g) which is wired directly to my netgear router/switch and is
served from a pc running slimserver 5.4 wired to that same switch (I
run the two different servers because I have very different uses for
the two squeezeboxes).  It's always been dead-reliable.

--
azinck3