geoffb Wrote:
> On 5/24/06, Davidy80 wrote:
> Do you have any filtering set up in the Server | Security settings?
> Password protection? (maybe the handheld browser isn't comprehensive
> enough to prompt for login details?)
>
> Maybe the browser can't render the page for some reason - try
> accessing a simpler page, like
> http://192.168.11.5:9000/log.txt
>
> Cheers
> Geoff

Hi Geoff,

Just tried both of your suggestions to no avail, but thanks anyway.

This PDA runs Windows Mobile 5. When I point it to slimserver it tells
me that it cannot connect using my current network settings. As far as
I can see, the only thing I could change would be to set up the
connection as a VPN - but I don't understand why that should apply
here.

The screen on the MDA Pro supports VGA resolution (640 x 480), so I
don't think resolving the page in IE is the problem.

Unfortunately, without downloading some utilities it doesn't even give
me the capability to ping the server, but pinging the PDA from the
server and the other two PC's on the network works fine.

For the moment I'm stumped.

--
Davidy80