Nathaniel Morgan Wrote:
> Not too bad for resource use - they seem to take about 7% CPU each
> (including any SlimServer overheads - I'm running it on the same box)
> on my
> Athlon64. Could be media encoding dependant though?
>
> I might try out alternative players with their own web interfaces
> sometime
> (MediaPlayerClassic, VLC) if I can find the enthusiasm to integrate the
> web
> interfaces (I'm only interested in web interface control).

My problem may be that I've been using SoftSqueeze on linux.  Perhaps
it (or java) is just more of a resource hog than it is on Windows.  If
you're only at 7% then it doesn't sound like a problem.

Nathaniel Morgan Wrote:

> I might try out alternative players with their own web interfaces
> sometime
> (MediaPlayerClassic, VLC) if I can find the enthusiasm to integrate the
> web
> interfaces (I'm only interested in web interface control).

I used to use Winamp with the Browseamp plugin before I found
Slimserver, but it wasn't near as good and since finding Slimserver
there's been no thought of going back.  I haven't tried the other web
interfaces you mentioned, but it sounds like you have a kick-ass
solution as is.

I think that develoment of Squeezeslave is currently stalled, but if it
picks up again you may want to check that out since you are only
interested in web control anyway.

--
NWP