crooner Wrote:

> This is the first time in all my computer years that I have a
> catastrophic failure on a device. I've never had a total HD failure for
> instance.. And I've been using PCs since 1989, almost 20 years!

Lucky.  The 7-month old hard drive on my work computer died on Tuesday.
And, no, my computer at work is more than 7 months old: that's the
second dead drive on that machine.  This one at least wasn't a total
failure: I was able to rescue the important stuff without too much
trouble.  (Though I still have 400 some files to wade through in the
saved drives "lost+found"... it seems like useless stuff like cookies,
temp files and such.)  The last one was a total failure.

Needless to say, I bought a new USB external drive and immediately
backed up my music at home....

(And to complete the irony: the power went off at home for almost an
hour yesterday.... while I was backing up...  Didn't lose anything...
this time.)

--
snarlydwarf