seanadams Wrote:
> This is a software feature and will be changed. What you consider a bug
> is a benefit for others, since having the output on at all times helps
> to maintain sync with the receiver in situations where you would not
> want to drop the carrier, eg to avoid a few seconds of "lock time" lag.
> This was an issue with SB1, where we had limited control over the s/pdif
> and could not force it to be on continuously. The plan is to make this
> behavior configurable.

Hi Sean,

I'm not sure I quite understand the SB1 problem. Was it dropping sync
with the receiver between tracks, or did it just take some time to
synchronise with the receiver at startup? If it was the latter problem,
then surely that's a receiver problem which would occur with any source,
not just the SB1?

I was under the impression that the SB3 change would be simple - just
turn off the SPDIF output (and the DAC) when the SB3 goes into standby,
and turn them back on when it comes out of standby. I'm failing to see
the advantage of making it configurable....

Regards
Chris

--
cbemoore