ceejay Wrote:
> 2 - check that you don't have both ID3v1 and ID3v2 tags in your file -
> slimserver really doesn't like this. I don't know how you do this in
> The godfather, but in mp3tag you:
> - from the menu, View - Customise columns
> - click the star button in the middle of the dialog box to add a "new
> configuration"
> - Enter "Tags" in the Name box and "%_tag%" in the Value box
> - OK
>
> If it says "ID3v1 ID3v2" for the files in question then you have two
> (possibly conflicting) sets of tags.  In the tools - Options dialog you
> will find an option to delete one of them.

Sorry for jumping in here, but first, thanks ceejay for explaining this
tip, which is a big help to me. Second, I don't see how where in the
Tools / Options menus I can delete the ID3v1 tags. There are various
options for Read, Write, and Remove different kinds of tags, but they
don't seem to do anything with my existing tags. Could you please give
some more details. This is on MP3tag 2.35. Thanks!

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming...

--
aubuti