Make sure you set a couple of the tags correctly:

Album should be identical.  No (disc 2) type tags.

Add in a DISCNUMBER tag (assuming FLAC, it's TPOS on mp3) that has the
disc number... this will keep the display sorted correctly (ie, so you
can have two track 1's: the discnumber will distinguish them).

In cases where I merge multi-disc sets into one Album, I also make sure
I rename the files to 1-01, 1-02.. 2-01, etc.  This keeps them sorted in
the Browse Music Folder and keeps my sanity when just looking at the
files outside of something that reads tags.

The other alternative is to cheat completely: set the album name to be
identical and number the tracks consecutively across albums.  Ie, the
2nd disc may start at track 17.

--
snarlydwarf