gutted Wrote:
> As an aside, I'd be interested to know what your MIP configuration
> settings are.  Any chance you can post the details?  Either that, or
> (if easier or more appropriate) you can mail me at dan_goodinson <AT>
> hotmail <DOT> com.

Glad you got it sorted.

Happy to post when I'm back at that PC.  Lots of trial and error
involved though.  The crucial thing for me was getting the artist style
figure right in the Slimserver interface.  150 was too much and 100 not
enough, so I think I'm settled on 125.  Oh, and remembering that
MusicIP settings in the Player menu can override those under Server
Settings - so remembering to make the changes there too.

Basically I picked a couple of favourite (and very different songs) and
spent a few hours generating different mixes from just those two songs,
tweaking the settings and comparing the mixes I got out until I was
broadly happy.  My Last.fm page will give you an idea what I consider a
smooth mix. ;-)

Oh, and I think I remember you said somewhere that MoodLogic came up
with more stuff by the same artist which seemed to be a sign the mixing
was smoother ?  Check you don't have the option "Restrict Duplicate
Artists In Mix" option in MusicIP set too high.  I think the default is
in 10 tracks ?  Disable this or set it to 1/2 and you will get lots by
the artist in the same mix.

--
Siduhe