>  VIA seem to have forgotten about the original mini-ITX boards; I've
> seen no BIOS or driver updates for them for years
You're right, there is no update in the bios and drivers since
2002-2003.

> If you don't have a card in the PCI slot, you could consider installing
> a separate IDE controller - they only cost about 20 quid.

I have considered to use a PCI card as a controler but then I loose my
USB2/firewire PCI card because only one PCI card can fit in my box
(hoojum cubit 3).

Just to be 100% sure, can anyone confirm to me that there is a risk to
loose data if I try to write after the 137Gb limit ?
(because under Win2000, the disk appears with its full capacity so, in
a first impression, it could be possible to fill the HDD completely!)

--
Mathiou