When I'm listening to ShoutCast radio (at the moment it's 4U Radios -
All Classic Rock) the information is incorrect, it's more like the
stream ifnormation that's displayed in the Slim browser, e.g.

You don't mention the slimserver version, but I guess it's something before 6.5. The radio information support in the CLI has been improved with 6.5.

In SlimRemote I'm using a "00:11:22:33:44:55 status - 1 tags:gabehldiqtyr" call and do parse the result for the now playing information. For normal songs I'm then using the album and title tag, and for radio stations current_title and title.

--

Michael