I can't help with KristVB's problem and hope it gets cleared up soon,
but given the concern expressed by kefa (and probably shared by some
other readers), I just wanted to note that I've been running SlimServer
without complaints on an Intel-based iMac for some months now.
Whatever's making KristVB's setup "barely usable," I jpoin kevin and
radish in saying it's not a general problem with Macs.

Without going into tedious detail, I'll mention that my current library
(FLAC and MP3) is about twice the size of Krist's, filling several
hundreds gigs of space spread over several shared external hard drives,
served over an AirPort Express (802.11g). The performance is generally
excellent.

(I don't find the Web interface always reliable, but it's never
occurred to me to blame the Mac for that--and however slow the page is
to update, I've never had the problem of playback stopping on that
account.)

I'll sign off but follow future developments on this thread with
interest.

--
axiomatic

SlimServer Version: 6.2.2 - 7135 - Mac OS X 10.4.6 (8I1119) - EN - utf8