pkfox Wrote:
> thanks to you all, I'm more confused than ever now but I think the multi
> disk route is the path I'll follow , I have an outside office to store
> the server so noise isn't a consideration, once again thanks for time
If you have somewhere to put a server without noise being an issue,
then i would go for a regular desktop and a bunch of drives in it.

I had looked at a barebones Opteron system with a gig or so of RAM and
the slowest CPU i could find, 5x 3.5" to 3x 5.25" hard drive cage and a
5 port SATA RAID controller. Depending on drive size this could easily
be done for under £1000. And then you have a decent file server you
could use for all sorts :)

--
funkstar