Thanks for the replies. I found an FAQ on the BBC website where they
clearly state that they only support their own player or Real. I think
it also had a pretty dud reason why. So, I emailed them asking politely
whay they do this and that they are missing out on a new and fast
growing community of people using SlimDevices, Roku etc. I also read
another posting about commercial stations want to keep people reading
their online adverts (or should that be Real's adverts) but this also
does seem to be a particulalrly valid reason as I would have to assume
that people listening to their on-air advertising is more important. I
think Real have just done an excellent sales job.

I was also out of luck with RTE (Ireland) who also use Real. Just
copying BBC I guess?

--
Paul