Before I even got my SB3, I had ripped a bunch of files to mp3 in
itunes.  (I know there are better formats/better ripping progams, but
that's what I did.)

The songs played fine on itunes.

I moved them to the computer that I am using for the SB server and
initially they played fine on sb3.  Now all of a sudden they won't play
at all on itunes or on sb3. (they cause the sb3 to crash.)

When I try to play them in windows media player (WMP), I get a message
saying

"the file you are attempting to play has an extension that does not
match the file format.  Playing the file may result in unexpected
behavior.

Do you want the Player to play the file?"

When I click yes on that WMP can't play the file because WMP may not
support the file type or support the codec that was used to compress
the file.

Any ideas?  (other than rerip the cd's in a better format . . . )

Thanks.

Rick

--
rickoleum