azinck3 Wrote:
> Why would this be preferable?  I can't think of any reason...

More or less already answered, but you'd be avoiding the 2 wireless hop
configuration.

1 wireless hop is enough.

I guess you're asking why would it be preferable to wire the server and
not the SB over wiring the SB and not the server?  That's a good point.
The server's bandwidth needs will only be higher if it's used for other
things than SlimServer, i.e. file sharing and Internet access.

I guess I was looking at it from the "always wire the server" rule.

NWP, I'm not so sure there's an advantage one way or the other when
dealing with multiple SBs.  Your total bandwidth with 802.11g is about
25 Mbps useable or less, which is shared among all devices.  Therefore
whether the 25 Mbps is shared between one big stream from the server,
serving multiple SBs, or multiple streams from the router to each SB,
it shouldn't matter - the same amount of bandwidth must be shared.

--
Mark Lanctot