peter Wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 13:05:35 -0700, "Jochen"
>
> It helps a lot if you use rsync in combination with a copy-tree of
> hard
> links. That way you can store a number of snapshots. In my case being
> able to look back a day has been sufficient. Especially with music
> files.
>
> I use this method: http://www.mikerubel.org/computers/rsync_snapshots/

Interesting :) I'm using the same method for backing up my colo server
to my ADSL-connected machine at home (which is now a dedicated linux
system running slimserver as well, before I had it running under VMWare
on my Windows PC). This PC is not getting backed up yet, but that may
follow at some stage, too.

--
Jochen