Thanks for the responses.  By way of clarification, the reason I was asking was because I was wondering if there might be a way to connect one of the IR outputs of my Harmony 890 RF receiver to SqueezeBox directly avoiding the need to place one of the IR emitters in the line-of-sight of the SqueezeBox's IR receiver.  However, I think you're made it clear that the headphone port can only be used as an IR output, and not an input.

Thanks,

Larry