Basically Firefox is plagued by memory leaks.  Try bringing it up to the
developers and you get a response like this:

> Firefox uses memory for page caching and when we didn't do this people
> complained that the back button was too slow and now that we do people
> complain when Firefox uses 500 megs of RAM and you can't please
> everyone and it is only using available memory that windows isn't using
> anyway and it's free software so stop complaining.

So, yeah, Mozilla Firefox used to be a revelation, a piece of software
you would recommend to all of your friends.  Now it is becoming a huge
hunk of crap.  I still use it because I just can't seem to get used to
Opera.  I just make sure I close all browser windows around once an
hour and bring up the task manager t make sure there aren't any
lingering FIREFOX.EXE processes before I start it up again.

I've been hearing decent things about the IE 7 beta, so maybe that will
be the answer in 6 months or so.

--
NWP