>It is a matter of preference... but how many times and how many buttons
>did you have to press to get to Pink Floyd?

Well, most of the time I use the web interface to set up a few albums to play,
or I use my PDA from the lounge coffee table.  When I haven't got the PDA
nearby, I tend to just select something at random, eg. maybe use random play.
If I want something specific, I use search/lazy search.

The standard remote is perfectly adequate for everything I use it for, which
has the added benefit that it is small, lightweight, reliable and the batteries
last ages.  Perfect for the limited space I have on my bedside table; not as
much of a concern for the lounge though.

>I do not have to look at the remote control to do this. I just keep an eye on
>the SB. Of
>course, with some level of training I can also do this with the
>existing SD remote... But wait... I use other remotes.

How many standard remotes have jog wheels and the like though?  I don't own any
standard remotes like that.  Most have a similar layout to the squeezebox one.

>Design studies show that
>people feel more confortable controlling dials (wheels) than rocking
>buttons. Choosing a song with the SB, for me, should be just like
>tuning a radio to the right radio station. Again, to each its own.

I thought that most studios have slider bars for volumes, etc.  Then you can
see their relative position, whereas with a jog wheel, you need some additional
feedback to show you where you are at.