Sorry for the delay...

After talks direct with Slimdevices technical support, they determined
that my machine was dead and needed replacing/repairing depending on
warranty.

Fortunately, the place I'd purchased from in the UK didn't dispatch my
unit until mid June '05, putting it still within its 1 year warranty.
I couriered the unit back, they determined first hand that the unit was
faulty and offered a replacement

UNFORTUNATELY, the Squeezebox 2 is no longer available, so my only
choice would be a SB3.  Wasn't best pleased with this, since I much
prefer the SB2.

In addition to this, the SB3 is more expensive, albeit almost identical
but for casing, as far as I'm aware.  Therefore, my only option to
resolve a faulty unit is to have it sent back, then pay more money for
a replacement unit that I don't really like so much in a colour
different to the old one.  I'm either going to have to rearrange stuff
to fit it in, or sell it on, since right now I'm not best pleased.

Maybe it's just unfortunate, but it still gripes initially.  One of the
deciding factors originally was the design and integration with an
existing setup.  Bah!

--
Cessquill