Mark Lanctot Wrote:
> Actually there's been at least two threads asking for this very thing.
>
> These were people with SBs in inaccessible locations, media closets, no
> remote etc.
>
> Personally I can't use the feature.  But I still think it's a good
> idea.

First, let me say I agree with KDF, that this is a first step and a
good one. I am sure developers on the SqueezeNetwork side are working
on a way to get us back to slimserver from squeezenetwork.

On the other hand, it is exactly those people have there Squeezeboxes
in inaccessible locations who will find the new feature by itself
pretty useless. What good is it to be able to switch to SqueezeNetwork,
if it causes you to loose access to your library. Having my Squeezebox
connected to a whole house system in the basement, I really cannot use
this feature though I would like to. I think this is what JJZolx is
getting at.

Again, though I am sure that the other half of the equation will come
eventually. I do recall Sean or someone saying that the goal is to
eventually have the differences between Squeezenetwork and slimserver
made completely transparent to the user.

--
stevek1006

-Steve
Steven Kramer