Am I right in thinking that this issue has not been raised as a
SlimServer bug? If so, it seems to me that it probably should be, just
to ensure that 6.3 does not go out with this problem still included.

All my files are flac, all tagged using MP3Tag.
Each disk is held in a separate directory, i.e.

Music Folder/Artist - Album [Label,Year]/disc 1

I only populate the title, artist, album, tracknumber, genre, year and
comments fields. These are the tags supported by default by MP3Tag. I
have never populated compilation, band or any of the more esoteric
ones. The artist tag holds the name of the artist for that song. I do
not tag the artist field of compilation albums as "various artists"
(and rather fail to see why anyone would want to do this).

6.3 seems to randomly give me multiple listings of compilation albums
eg:

Acoustic Songbook (disk 1) (2004) by Norah Jones
Acoustic Songbook (disk 1) (2004) by Various Artists
Acoustic Songbook (disk 2) (2004) by John Lennon
Acoustic Songbook (disk 2) (2004) by Bobby Womack
Acoustic Songbook (disk 2) (2004) by Various Artists
Acoustic Songbook (disk 3) (2004) by Ralf McTell

I can retag all three disks in MP3Tag but this is just as likely to
have the effect of changing the incorrect way the multiple entries are
listed rather than curing the listing. What is more frustrating is that
when I have cured an album listing by refreshing the tag info the next
6.3 nightly will list them completely differently and incorrectly again
(this with database deleted).

If anyone could point me towards an open bug for this matter I'd be
grateful. If there is not an open bug is the concensus still that this
problem is not a bug?

Cheers
MC

--
ModelCitizen

Squeezebox2 > Benchmark Dac1 > Naim NAC 82 > Naim NAP 250 > Shahinian
Arcs.
Music catalog: http://modelcitizen.mine.nu/music.txt