philodox Wrote:
> Hey Guys,
>
> Like the title says, I am wondering if there are any other devices I
> should consider in my search for a fun remote for my
> squeezebox/internet browsing device.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jason

Sure, there are plenty

Any web-capable pda via:
- The handheld skin; The Dell Axim x51v is currently having a
specific skin built for it by shawkie (there's a thread on here about
it).
- Michael Herger's SlimRemote (Most windows mobile devices support
this)
- Telcanto

The PlayStation Portable:
- user lowrent is current is currently developing a flash skin for
the PSP
- you can currently use the handheld skin but it's supposedly pretty
slow

a couple of other ideas that various forum members have mentioned:

- Old, discontinued HP Jornadas can be picked up for cheap (<$200) on
ebay, can have a modern flavor of linux installed on them, and are
apparently quite nice and snappy.

- Old Fujitsu Stylistic tablet pc's can be picked up for cheap on ebay
(<$200).  These are nice because they're full pc's, but are a little
bulky.

Personally, I'm looking forward to Opera for the DS.lite, but until
then I'm using an old Honeywell Webpad (which is s l o w . . .)

--
azinck3