Quoting ModelCitizen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

kdf Wrote:
just to chime in...I have not seen this problem with 6.3.0.  If any of
the hundreds who installed nightly builds during pre-release saw it,
they chose to remain silent.
I'm sure that if anyone willing/able to fix it can reproduce it with a
specific case, it will get fixed asap.
-k
Hundreds? Not thousands then?  :-).

might have been.  I'm an outsider as much as anyone when it comes to that.
how about millions?

As SlimServer does not write tags it cannot be that his tags have
changed so I'm completely stumped.

me too. I hate saying "well, it works for me". well, ok, glad that I CAN say that, but it means I can't offer much help. Although, with some of the mudsligning, I'm not sure I'd feel motivated either to be honest. Having the problem not go away is bizarre. Hopefully it is just the lingering slimserversql.db. However, it is possible in a great number of ways to have this kind of problem. As things progress, and being completely open, there are always nudges from users along the way with special interests. Tweak something to handle that, and another case gets mixed up. Now, this may not always be a user thing. If playlists, for example, are created one way then things change, a rescan might not like it. Taking into account my huge sample group of 1 (me), that could be one explanation as the nature of the poking around that I do tends to result in destruction of playlists regularly. I'm also updating daily, running multiple copies of the server, rather than going through any upgrade/downgrade stuff.

Also of note: I almost never just "listen to music" any more. Free time ends up with me looking over some bug report or another, even if only absent mindedly. Thus, even playlists that I do create aren't normal. Of course, it means I also don't have a clean library (lots of deliberate buggy files) so I don't notice a handful of dupes mixed in among deliberate duplicates of albums in different formats, etc.

Anyway, this issue is now in as bug3658, so it's being tracked.
-k