Personally, I would disagree with the notion that marketing dictate when
Slim release software.

As someone unable to use the Pandora feature in 6.3, the release
contain nothing new except bug-fixes for me.

I would also agree that if customers constantly request new features,
they must accept some of the pain of new bugs.
And I would also agree with the fact the different usage models of
users means that there is no "right" way for Slim to build a library.
Just the way that meets most people's needs.

That doesn't alter the fact that a large percentage of computer
users/slim customers neither understand or care a great deal about
computers. All they want is a music appliance that works reliably.
New releases should not change the user experience.

Apple & Sonos's way of dealing with this is to provide a complete
closed end to end solution, ripping, library and playback. If you don't
like any part of the system, then tough luck, go somewhere else.

Perhaps Slim would consider a maintenance release. No new features,
plugins or skins would be accepted, just bug-fixes.

--
oreillymj