kdf Wrote:
> Quoting Roy2001 <Roy2001.2ahqzb1152134401 (AT) no-mx (DOT)
> forums.slimdevices.com>:
>
> > I am not blaming SB3. Actually I really enjoy it......
>
> streaming music has nothing to do with it.  The amplifier is what does
>
> the heavy work when you listen to music.  SB3 is simply passing bits
> around using very little power, and perhaps a little more effort if
> you have headphones connected.  It is the display that uses the power.
>
> -k
No, I am using digital output only. And as I said, even when it is idle
after I press "power" button, it is still warm.

Zten Wrote:
> The biggest reason it gets modestly warm is becuase of its small size. 5
> W to 7.5 W is actually quite a bit of heat. Put that much heat in a
> something the size of a cell phone and it would burn your skin, but if
> it was in a big ol' metal box (like the Audio PA in your system) it
> would run cool as a cucumber. Maybe that's why the audiophile guys want
> it in a big box, less heat means less thermal noise (kTB).  :o)
That is what I am thinking. But surprisingly, I cannot feel the
difference when it is working or idle. Just a little bit warm. So it is
not consuming a lot of power when it is streaming music.

--
Roy2001