My music collection contains Ogg Vorbis files, FLACs and MP3s. For every
file I use a TRACKNUMBER tag.

I've just noticed that the TRACKNUMBER tag is ignored in all my MP3s.
The other files are fine.  By "ignored", I mean that if I go to New
Music and choose an MP3 album, the files are listed in title order; if
I click on a single track, there's no "Track:" entry in the metadata
list.

I've never noticed this before, but I don't have a lot of MP3s so
perhaps the behaviour is not new.  I've just upgraded to SlimServer 6.3
and done a full re-scan.

Should I be using a different tag name in MP3s for the track number?

Thanks,
Steve

--
smst