I think there is a difference between people making suggestions and people hovering over you while you work.  I create and support a lot of software tools in my current job.  I value suggestions, even ones which are clearly unrealistic or not thought out, because it shows me how users view the tools I've written.  It helps me improve them, even if I don't follow all of the suggestions or even most of them.

And frankly, while I agree the subject line of this message could be more diplomatic, I find myself in agreement with it.  I bought the SB because I love music, but I would have had a rough time with it if I wasn't also computer savvy.  I guess I'm glad I didn't post a message to that effect when I got the product!  :)

On 7/12/06, kdf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Quoting Mitch Harding <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> I apologize for using the word hostility.  I think the original poster
> described it better as sarcastic and negative.  In any case, not the sort of
> response I'd hope to get if I made a suggestion to improve a product that I
> love.

right.  I'm sure you feel like you are at your best while you work at
your desk with 20 people standing over you telling you how you coudl
do better...

yup...my dream job.

as I have said.  suggestions are one thing.  tossed in with arbitrary
emotive garbage, is not just a 'simple suggestion'

sorry you take it so badly, but I guess now you can see from the other
side how easily 'simple' words can cause upset?

look at the topid of this thread.  Jsut from that, it's already
insulting. I feel the claim is false, and I don't have to care about
market share, etc etc.  But this kind of labelling does have its
effects.  There are important people who no longer take part or read
this forum becuase of those effects.
-k