mherger Wrote:
> 6.5 is considered instable and experimental. And it has always been.
Agreed, which is why I described 6.5b as being "surprisingly stable". I
experimented with it extensively, found it to my liking, but then
decided that continuing to experiment past the scanner split may not be
wise (you may recall the dire warnings issued at the time on the
forums).

I'm happy to give the latest release a try, as I can always revert, but
before I do that, is it likely to mess up my existing MySQL setup?

The fact that AsyncHTTP only uses the DNS server to resolve host names:
my dns server is the router, which doesn't know about the local machine
names. Perhaps I previously had a local dns server running  on the old
linux box without realising it. The box itself is dead, but I can't see
anything suggestive in my archived init.d directory, but I'll scour
through the backups a bit more to confirm.

--
smc2911