so the one i am looking at says it features samba does that mean it will
be easy for me to put slimserver on to it

No. There's no relation between the two. My server doesn't even run Samba.

You'd very probably have to install an enhanced set of Perl modules, might even have to compile them for that platform.

being a graphical user? (not understanding anything about code)

Google around for some solutions others found. If you don't find anything, then just forget it. There are other NAS devices which are well documented (eg. Linkstation, Diskstation).

also what is a good hard drive size?

Depends on your needs: music only or probably movies, too? MP3 only or FLAC (5x the space)? Size of your collection? With MP3 only, 100GB is a lot. If you're preferring lossless FLAC, it's not.

--

Michael