Simon Still Wrote:
> On 7/12/06, vikmurthy <
> vikmurthy.2au1sz1152708301 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com>
> wrote:
>
> > The only very slight issue that I've encountered is that it takes
> the
> > device a bit longer to find and connect to a WiFi signal.  Has
> anyone
> > else encountered this?
> >

> > I've had a bit of strangeness - particularly where it would connect
> stuff on my network (Like slimserver) but not give me internet access.
> haven't worked out quite what's going on yet.

FWIW, I'm not experiencing any of these networking issues. On the
surface, it sounds like the second issue is a routing gateway problem
(as in, your 770 doesn't know what IP locally to go to in order to NAT
out to the world). I might suggest as a debug to go to a public wifi
zone (coffee shop or something) and see if you experience the same
issue. That will at least tell you if your issue is confined to your
home network.

The biggest gotcha I've experienced with 2006OS so far is that the new
Opera browser has javascript *disabled by default* (ouch). It's not a
big deal to enable it, but you'll do that only after scratching your
head for 15 minutes trying to figure out why nothing works on the
Nokia770 skin...

cheers,
#!/ben

--