On 7/14/06, Steven Moore <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

wunder Wrote:
> SlimServer needs an interface which does:....
>
> I'm not advocating getting rid of the freewheeling plug-in crazy
> slimdevice universe, just add a simplified all-in-one software package
> for non-techies.

This was the main point that I think has been skipped over.
Maybe because I'm a Mac user but we like our gui interfaces, the web
interface just feels clunky. A dedicated application would be easier
for new users to use and troubleshoot.
This is the only aspect of the squeezebox in which I was really
disappointed.
Of course It would cost money but once you have easy to use
applications for mac, windows and linux I think you will sell more
units. I feel the apps development costs will be met by more sales. I
have no evidence for this just instinct.

http://www.rusticrhino.com/drlovegrove/
http://www.herger.net/slim/detail.php?nr=912&kategorie=slim
http://www.slimdevices.com/dev_telcanto.html

--
"I spent all me tin with the ladies drinking gin,
So across the Western ocean I must wander" -- traditional