jonheal Wrote:
> I posted on another thread, but I'm not sure Mr. Titmuss is monitoring
> that one, so I'll try here. I've tried several versions of SoftSqueeze
> up to and including 2.8. I've had the same performance problems with
> all of the versions I've tried. I'm running it on Windows XP Pro. My
> collection is FLAC.
>
> When I first start Softsqueeze, it works perfectly. CPU utilization
> about 5%. By the time it gets to the third song of any album, it stops
> playing mid-song. CPU utilization has climbed to about 85-90%. The
> interface is extremely sluggish at this point and it does not recover
> and less I quit and restart Softsqueeze.
>
> This behavior is rendering it essentially unusable.
>
> Softsqueeze is running on the same machine as Slimserver. My FLAC
> collection is on a network drive connected to an NSLU2.
>
> Any ideas?
I've just watched Softsqueeze in Task Manager. I started playing an
album. The first track was about 2 minutes long. Up to about 14 seconds
before the end of the song, CPU utlization was about 3%. At the point it
suddently jumped to 98%, at it stays pegged. I expect it to crap out any
time soon.

--
jonheal

Jon Heal says: