Slimserver 6.3.0 is "released" software and is the version you first see
from SlimDevices website. A new user will more then likey pick 6.3.0,
and may not even be aware of the history of the older versions -
especially without a little hunting around the slimdevies website. In
addition, I would imagine that SD would be recommending version 6.3.0
to any new customers.

I use many open-source software on the net and there are very good ones
and some not so good. I find some of the good ones on the internet to be
better then commerically available products. Slimserver is not bad
software, so I am not sure where the disconnect is - although I have
very strong suspicions.

I am not sure what the root cause of the problem was, other then when
v6.3.0 is oinstalled (and its latest firmware) my environment is broke.
I do not have hours to burn to try and fix the issue(s). I performed
some quick troubleshooting to look through the obvious stuff with not
luck and went back to version 6.2.1. However, I am sure it has to do
with the wireless network, which has always been solid with 6.2.1 -
everything runs excellent with 6.2.1, minus any bugs with the firmware
and software.

I ALWAYS appreciate EVERYONE'S input, help and assistance. IMO, forums
are places for people to vent, express their opinions and to ask for
assistance. If venting is noise to some, then SD may consider another
forum category specific to members that can voice their views - or is
that what "General Discussion" is for.

--
joek