Odd, I use a Belkin F5D7231-4... which is a digit "newer" but...  I  got
it at Wallyworld a year ago.

It does occasionally have issues and needs to be rebooted: usually it
just drops the connection to my cable modem completely, sometimes it
just randomly drops packets (ie, it sounds like a memory corruption or
leak error in the firmware...).  The complete drop I usually notice in
the morning, so it may have been slowly dying overnight.

It doesn't break local connections when it does that, so the bug is
most likely in the NAT code, and my squeezeboxes keep working fine
(well no squeezenetwork obviously, but they can play local music
fine).

Except for changing SSID, Security and opening a couple ports so I can
get to my home machines from work, it's the stock configuration.

Not the greatest router in the world, but mostly works.

--
snarlydwarf