_NK_ Wrote:
> @Mark
>

> Hm, an 85-90 seems pretty impressive to me considering the location you
> mention. Are we talking about brick walls in between or just "wood
> separation" (sorry dont know the exact word)
>
> Could you plz tell me the model numbers of these SMCs antennas? Cost?
> Are you talking about simple, small omni antennas similar to the one
> the SB and most APs are equipped with?
>
> I currently use just 2 self made antenna "dishes" on the 2 antennas of
> my AP and that's it. Has helped really good since before that I could
> not use the SB where I wanted without stuttering and loss of connection
> to the SS. I now have a 35% with 4 rooms in  between (brick walls and a
> brick bathroom with tiles all over)...although there is also a corridor
> between the 2 "endpoints" which sure helps a lot (although its NOT "line
> of sight")
>

> Cheers
>
> Nikos

Nikos,
I'm referring to wood floor and walls. The server is on the main floor
and the SB2 is in the basement.....about 15m distance.Concrete will
likely be more difficult. These SMC's are actually directional, not
omni as I said earlier. The model is SMCHMANT-6..they are like a
square disc shape, about 8cm. I think they cost about $25 each.

Cheers,
Jim

--
jfo