I'm having a devil of a time with Slimserver, both 6.3.0 and 6.3.1

System:
MacMini Intel 1.66 GHz, 2GB RAM, OSX 10.4.7
Slimserver was installed for all users but this also seems to happen
with one user install.
The squeezboxes and web interface work well despite all of this.

Problem:
Both are causing the system prefs to hang: clicking the slimserver pref
panel causes the system preferences title bar to say "slimserver
it also hangs.

On shutting down (even if I don't attempt the above, ie right after a
restart), the Mac hangs and won't shut down.  I have to hold the power
button down.

I've tried:
1. Safe Boot - then deleting the pref panel
2. Reinstalling: on normal boot, it says "Waiting for System
Preferences application to quit" which it never does.
3. Reinstalling in safe mode, then immediately setting slimserver pref
panel to NOT startup automatically.  Rebooting normally causes all the
above to happen.
4. Removing ALL entries under user/startup items
5. Note the prefs application works with all other preferences except
slimserver
6. Sudo shutdown now hangs the system, no reports of the hanging
application.
7. Safe mode DOES reboot OK.
8. I recall 6.3.0 seemed to be problem free. Upgrading to 6.3.1 may
have caused these.  Reverting back to 6.3.0 doesn't help and all the
above happens.

It looks to me like the slimserver pref panel is causing a hang.

How to fix it?  Searching all the posts for full uninstall on Mac
suggests only deleting the preference panel.
- Steve

--
SteveWong