On 7/22/06, JJZolx <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I just put in an enhancement request to let users choose what page comes
up first when browsing albums.  Either (1) page 1 (2) a random page, or
(3) the last page viewed.  I guess I just get tired of seeing the same
10,000 Maniacs album coming up every time I "browse" albums.  This is
really more pertinent to the 6.5 beta, with gallery views and the
ability to sort in Browse Albums.  Now, having albums sorted into a
known order (for me it's artist/year/album) is the only way to _find_
an album you want, but it's not ideal for figuring out what you want to
listen to.

How cool would it be to have a browse mode where a page of randomly
selected albums is displayed?  It wouldn't necessarily even have to be
paged like all the other browse modes - all it would really need to do
is present a single page of randomly selected albums to look at.  Have
a "Refresh" button on the page that would present you with a new random
set.

I like this idea quite a bit, you should post the ER number.

No offense to Erland, but one of the things I've been wanting since the migration to a database backend is this sort of database-savvy re-sorting. I appreciate that a plugin has been produced to provide it, but I haven't installed it for various reasons (mainly that I think it should be core functionality and keep expecting that to happen in a way that would invalidate the plugin (expectations which are essentially groundless as it certainly isn't being discussed anywhere)).
--
"I spent all me tin with the ladies drinking gin,
So across the Western ocean I must wander" -- traditional