EnochLight wrote:
Am I the only one that has a major issue with this equipment costing
$2000?

I'm all about the new design and hardware, but... all of us knowing how
much it costs to build a high-end PC from scratch, even with a quality
soundcard and huge flat panel display... I feel that $2K is killing off
a huge amount of potential buyers.

Not at all. It is aimed at "audiophiles" and they regularly
spend unimaginable amounts of money.

The Audiophile magazines regularly review turntables that cost
$10,000, and a favorite costs $75,000.

You're just not the target market.

You can't seriously talk about "high-end PC" and serious audio
in the same breath. As a minimum, serious audio requires
that the DAC be outside the PC chassis, PCs are terrible
places for quality analog stuff. See all the "pro audio"
gear that uses outboard chassis for their DAC and ADC.
Inside the PC with digital is fine, but analog has no
business inside with all the RF.

--
         -- toc
[EMAIL PROTECTED]