qirex Wrote:
> I hope they don't go public, publicly traded companies have a nasty
> habit of compromising quality and service to pump their stock. I'd
> rather the current team keep control of the company.

Yes, absolutely, they'd be cutting costs left, right, front and
centre...

"The VFD is expensive, let's use an LCD."

"Why do we need both coaxial and optical digital?"

"Let's downgrade the DAC.  If people want top-end, they should go for
the Transporter."

No thanks.

Just look at Linksys.  They had a dynamite product on their hands, the
WRT54G, which sells "hundreds of thousands" per month.  Then they
halved the RAM and ROM in the unit and switched to VxWorks as the OS
rather than Linux.  The initial firmware release was non-functional.
Even now the WRT54G v5 is called a "lousy" router by Tom's Networking.
See what happens when you want to maximize profit at all costs?

--
Mark Lanctot