MrSinatra Wrote:
> ok, but the big Q is does SS read them the way LAME inserts them?
>
> if not, is there a bugzilla request for this to be so?
>
> some of what you are saying is above my head...  i'll check out the
> thread and come back.

When you check the thread you'll notice the LAME experts there note
that LAME RG support is very, very poor, with only two little-known
programs supporting it.

In fact I didn't know LAME applied RG data until I found that thread.

SS reads MP3Gain-applied RG data just fine, as well as foobar-applied
RG data from what I understand.  That's good enough for me.

But everyone could save a step now that it's known that LAME applies RG
data all on its own.

I opened an MP3 file in a hex editor and I can't find the LAME-applied
RG data.  According to that thread, it should be right at the start
with the LAME/INFO tag.  I see what I think must be the LAME/INFO tag
right at the start of the file.  I definitely see the RG data in the
APE tag at the end of the file though.

--
Mark Lanctot