obi1kenobe Wrote:
> Mornin all
>
> I must say i'm really impressed with the Qnap but it appears to have an
> issue with updates.
>
> I installed the all in one update and Slimserver 6.2.2 as soon as i got
> it and all was good. Then i installed the Firmware update off the Qnap
> website following assurance here that it all works ok.
>
> Everything works fine, and it sleeps when it's supposed to but it
> doesn't want to accept updates anymore. I want to update to 6.3.1 but
> when i put it into the updates folder (downloaded from Progressive AV's
> updates site) and restart it the update is still in the updates folder
> and slimserver is still version 6.2.2.
>
> Any suggestions chaps or am i missing something?

The update page is kind of missleading. For the first couple of
Firmware updates:

-All-In-One Update
-SlimServer 6.2.2
-SlimServer Database Clear

you need to use .tar.gz as extension

For the more recent updates like:

-SlimServer 6.3.1
-All-In-One Plugin Update for SS 6.3.x

you need to use .tar as extension (not .tar.gz).

It was mentioned somewhere in this mega thread and it took me hours to
find the relevant section.

Hope this helps.

Norm

--
Norman5007

QNAP TS-101 / Slimserver 6.2 / Draytec 2800