I don't understand everyone's complaints about the remote.  It's not
that much worse than most of the remotes I've gotten with any other
$300 piece of audio equipment.  It is kind of lightweight but I haven't
seen many posts complaining that theirs broke in anyway.  The button
layout isn't half bad (I've seen a lot of remotes with just a bunch of
square buttons evenly distributed across the remote where it takes
forever to find the button you want.)

I guess I'm just curious to know what kind of remote you think a piece
of equipment at this price point should come with.  Some examples would
be nice.

Now I would agree that the transporter remote should be nicer and
apparently it is (backlit.)  It's not the nicest looking remote but
often it seems that the more expensive something gets in the audio
world the more of a minimalist approach the design seems to take on.

--
jtfields