I use SUSE and have found the following remote administration tools to
be exceptional.

1.  The NX thin client/server software from www.nomachine.com.  This
permits you to take remote control of your desktop from Windows.  It is
also true thin client software, so you can have multiple simultaneous
users connected, each with their own desktop.  It's great stuff, and
much nicer than VNC, which I previously used and abandoned.  It's
exceptionally fast on a LAN--almost indistinguishable from a live
session (providing you're not playing arcade games)--and remarkably
fast over the web too.

2. The Webmin web administration software from www.webmin.com.  This
permits you to conduct administration of your system through any web
browser.  It is not remote desktop software, but will permit you to
administrate and configure a wide variety of system software and
settings.  My primary uses for it are for shutting-down/resetting my
machine, and for performing administration tasks for my MySQL
databases.  But Webmin's capabilities go much further should you need
to do more.

Dave

--
Gildahl