All fine, except:

thoeng Wrote:
> minimum voltage PSU

Not sure what you mean by this.  Do you mean a very low-powered PSU?
Probably not a good idea.  A PSU only supplies as much current as
needed, no more.  So a 500 W PSU uses no more power than a 300 W PSU if
it's connected to the same components.

However an underpowered PSU will run hotter and under stress.  It will
be more prone to failure, and a PSU failure can destroy every component
connected to it.

Go with a good PSU probably in the 350 W range, and if you can, go for
a good one.  Antec Basiq or SmartPower, for example.  Basic but good.

BTW if you want to save power and have low noise, check out a 'VIA
Mini-ITX motherboard' (http://www.via.com.tw/en/products/mainboards/).
The processor consumes no more than 7.5 W and it has either a very
low-speed fan or no fan at all (fanless).  You need a special enclosure
though and the whole thing is more expensive.

Also don't discount those cheap motherboard + CPU combos.  I have an
ECS motherboard with a soldered-in AMD 1.2 GHz Duron that would be
perfect for the job.  I notice that Tiger Direct is offering cheap
motherboards with separate 1.6 GHz AMD Durons for even less than I paid
for that one, and the CPU is separate so it can be upgraded.  The latest
ECS motherboard + built-in CPU combos use a mobile AMD Athlon 2800+,
which would be very high performance for something like this.  Not
excessively quiet though.  But the whole combo may be even cheaper than
a used PC.

> Also those guys who have dedicated slim box out there, how do you
> control the box without monitor,keyboard, and mouse installed ? (i
> really dont wanna physically touch the server to configure it
> everytime) any recommendations ?

Did you read about ClarkConnect's web GUI, TightVNC and NoMachine?
That's what they do.

--
Mark Lanctot