On Aug 5, 2006, at 2:27 AM, yeomanspc wrote:
1. If, when listening to internet radio, you simply turn the SB off,
does it stop the streaming into the server? - I appreciate it stops
streaming to the SB. (I assume it does).
It does.

2. If a radio station is already being streamed to one player, is it
possible (has anyone considered) - as an option - automatically
synching to the already streamed player to save upline bandwidth.
Only if you have the players set up as synced will it share a stream. One issue here is that some stations have playlists and or dynamically created streams, so sharing feeds might not work in a significant number of cases.

3. When synching players to a radio station I understand that they get
out of synch due to 'no start of track' - has anyone considered (as a
synch option) to insert a 're-synch' every (say) 5 minutes?
That's something we're definitely planning on, keeping long songs and radio stations in sync by tracking playback time with fine grained network clocks.

As a short term fix, I have installed the powersave plugin to turn
players off every hour by default but this is a bit cumbersome.
That'll work too!